About Our Online Real Estate Courses
- Completing the course
- Requirements for completing the course
- Course Materials
- Getting Credit for completion
The courses are completed on the internet using the Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5/6.0 web browser on your computer. Each lesson is an interactive tutorial that presents information and asks you questions about what you have read. The interactive learning process monitors your progress and provides feedback as needed to help you learn the material easily. The online real estate course lessons are designed so you can work at your own pace. It is easy to use and does not require extensive prior experience with computers. Details on the process are given below.
All the lessons for the course are completed online. Some courses have a textbook that you use along with the online lessons. You may access the online course immediately and begin working as soon as you complete the registration process. Once you have completed the registration information any required textbook will be shipped to you via UPS.
There are three important steps to completing a course:
- Complete ALL lessons in the course by answering each question correctly at least twice. Most questions are timed and need to be answered within the prescribed time for credit. A lesson is not complete until it is checked off on the main menu.
- Once you have completed the lessons on the computer, you must submit a signed "Student Affidavit" to Career WebSchool attesting to the fact that you personally completed the entire course yourself. Under state law, this Affidavit must be received by Career WebSchool before a Course Completion Certificate can be issued or your course completion can be electronically reported to your state (if applicable). To see a copy of the "Student Affidavit", click here.
- If a final exam is required, you must schedule a proctored exam (or take an online exam if available in your state) and pass the exam (please see "State Requirements" page for the specific passing score required in your state.) (The "Course Available" page will indicate which courses require a final exam, and whether they require a proctor or are available online.)
Once these three steps have been completed, Career WebSchool will issue a Course Completion Certificate or electronically report your course completion to your state (if applicable).
Important Note : You can find complete details on exam administration and grading policy and the time required for processing your Course Completion Certificate or electronically reporting your course completion to your state (if applicable) by clicking on the "School Policy" link on the menu to the left.
Some courses contain printed materials to be used along with the lessons on the computer. Any such materials can be accessed and printed in Adobe Acrobat PDF format. If you do not have a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader on your computer, you can download it free during registration or from within the course on the "Course Home Page".
If the course requires one or more books, they will be shipped via UPS Ground. (When you register, make sure you use a street address, not a P.O. Box number). The "Courses Available" page will indicate which courses require books.
You may have up to two opportunities to pass the exam (depending on your states guidelines). Once all course requirements are completed, you will be issued a Course Completion Certificate or your course completion will be electronically reported to your state (if applicable). It will be mailed to you via the U.S. Mail. The Certificate will be placed in the mail within 3-5 business days after you have satisfied all course requirements.