Residential Appraiser Site Valuation and Cost Approach (v3)Learn more >>
Provides an introductory understanding of fundamental concepts of appraising.
- Focuses on the valuation of vacant land parcels and the development of the cost approach.
- Develops your skills by creating a current cost estimate using market extraction, interview techniques, and information provided by professional cost data sources.
- Covers the origin of the appraisal assignment to a final value estimate using various cost approach applications.
- Completion of Basic Appraisal Principles and Procedures Courses required as a prerequisite for this course.
Residential Market Analysis and Highest and Best UseLearn more >>
Covers the relationship between market analysis and highest and best use.
- Learn how to find the information you need to make a highest and best use decision and how to interpret the information you find.
- Provides information on how to read and map a market area for a subject property and discover the essential links between market analysis, highest and best use analysis, and the three approaches to value (cost, sales comparison, and income capitalization).
Residential Report Writing and Case Studies (v4)Learn more >>
Demonstrates practical writing exercises necessary to produce convincing appraisal reports in daily practice.
- Objectives are achieved through the mastery and application of residential valuation procedures, grammar rules and writing techniques, and specific writing assignments based on a residential case study.
- Practice writing effective narrative comments for form appraisal reports and learn how to explain valuation procedures and conclusions to users of reports.
- Techniques applied in this course are useful in real-life situations.
A URAR Form Review (v3)Learn more >>
The course will instruct students in detail how to fill out the new Uniform Residential Appraisal Report (URAR). Students will be taken through each section of the URAR where they identify and complete the required fields. This course provides the student with the guidelines and direction to create URAR reports which are in compliance with USPAP.
Appraisal Math and StatisticsLearn more >>
This course covers appraisal mathematical functions including calculating area, appraisal statistics, and mathematics of finance.
Cost Approach OverviewLearn more >>
This course covers the steps in the cost approach to valuation, including methods for estimating cost and estimating depreciation. Students will apply what they learn using numerous examples.
Income Capitalization OverviewLearn more >>
This course covers the steps in the income approach to valuation, including estimating income and expenses and estimating capitalization rates. Both direct capitalization and yield capitalization are discussed. Students will apply what they learn using numerous examples.
Sales Comparison ApproachLearn more >>
This course covers the steps in the sales comparison approach to valuation. The course explains the data collection process and the various methods for estimating adjustments. Students will apply what they learn using numerous examples.