- Residential Sales Comparison and Income Approach
- Residential Market Analysis and Highest and Best Use
- Residential Appraiser Site Valuation and Cost Approach
- Residential Report Writing and Case Studies
Give Yourself the Best Chance for Success!
Take the South Dakota Real Estate Appraisal Qualifications Course From the Comfort of Your Home!
The choice you have made to utilize distance education as your method of learning can make all the difference! So, join the 750,000 and growing number of students achieving greater success using our proven distance education solutions.
Career changes are never easy; ask anyone. And, if you think about it, one of the few pleasures of change would be achieving your goal of insuring you’ve established a solid foundation of knowledge by taking your appraisal education from a quality South Dakota Real Estate Appraisal School.
Without a doubt, the first decision is whether to take the South Dakota Appraisal Qualifications courses in-class or online. Adding to that challenge is choosing a real estate appraisal school that gives you the best chance for success on the South Dakota Real Estate Appraiser State Exams on your first try. The key to success in today’s Real Estate Appraisal profession is not only knowledge and innovation – but also making a wise decision - day one. Choosing an education provider with a Proven Track Record Guarantees you have the foundation of knowledge to succeed.
Because our mission is enabling students to achieve their goal of passing the South Dakota Real Estate Trainee and License state exams on the first try, Career WebSchool exclusively offers the highest quality online real estate appraisal education courses to help you meet your South Dakota appraisal qualifications. Built on twenty years of documented success, we’re the ONLY online South Dakota Real Estate Appraisal education provider offering courses delivered using the proven Mastery and Fluency education methodology. Our first time passing rates meet or exceed any other provider including in-class instruction!
Get Your South Dakota Real Estate Appraisal License Now
You can be on your way to becoming a South Dakota Real Estate Appraiser in just One Click! Simply select your choice of the format for course delivery to the right to begin the registration process for the South Dakota Real Estate Appraiser courses.
"The courses are easy to follow and a good use of my time."
Richard Corso - Oceanside, NY
Our online delivery system for real estate appraisal license courses was one of the first in the nation to gain approval from IDECC The IDECC standards insure the best quality in delivery and support is routinely delivered to the student. Online Real Estate Appraiser Schools displaying this seal have met the high standards of quality required by the International Distance Education Certification Center for online real estate appraiser licensing courses and real estate appraisal schools.
Career WebSchool: 1-888-553-1267
Career WebSchool Appraisal School has offered online real estate pre-license courses since 1989 and online real estate appraisal training since 2001. Career Web School South Dakota is an Online Real Estate Appraisal School offering prospective real estate appraisers an easy, cost-effective method of satisfying all of your South Dakota Appraiser Assistant level appraisal education. Existing real estate appraisers may satisfy their South Dakota real estate appraiser Continuing Education with ease as well. All of our real estate appraiser license education courses are APPROVED by the South Dakota Real Estate Appraisers Board.
How to Become an Appraiser in South Dakota
- Complete classification level required appraisal education
- Pass a qualifying end of course final exam for all real estate appraisal qualifying courses
- Pass the classification level state appraiser license exam
Real Estate Appraiser Classifications and Appraisal Training Requirements:
- Appraiser Assistant: 45 hours of appraisal education acceptable to the Board ; 30 hour Appraisal Procedures course and the 15 hour Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP) course.
- Certified Residential Real Property Appraiser: A minimum of 200 hours of appraisal education acceptable to the Board with at least 15 hours the National USPAP course AND hold an associate degree or higher from an accredited college or university. Must also obtain over at least 2,500 hours of appraisal experience over a period of at least 24 months (to include at least 625 hours of property appraisal experience in complex one to four unit residential real property appraisal work.)
- Certified General Real Property Appraisers: A minimum of 300 hours of appraisal education acceptable to the Board with at least 15 hours of the National Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP) course AND hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university. Must also obtain at least 3,000 hours of real property appraisal experience gained continuously over a period of at least 30 months (to include at least 1500 hours of non residential real property appraisal experience.)
Each South Dakota Real Estate Appraisal license qualifying course is divided into lessons that take about 20-30 minutes on the average. Each lesson consists of text with multiple choice questions mixed in. The text is presented one small, easy-to-understand sentence or paragraph at a time. After a few screens of text, you willanswer a few questions about what you have read. As you progress through the lesson, thelearning processkeeps track of how you are doing on the questions. After all the text is presented, the computer will go back to the questions you missed or had problemswith and review them in random order. You'll keep working on the lesson until you've answered all the questions correctly on two occasions. At that point, the lesson will be marked as complete on the main menu. You can quit a lesson at any time and a bookmark will save your place, so you don't have to repeat work you've already done when you return to a lesson.
The Appraisal Foundation Appraisal Qualifications Board mandates that all real estate appraisal training qualifying courses have end of course final exams delivered in a proctored setting. After you’ve finished all the lessons in the appraisal license course, the Career WebSchool administrators will work with you to locate and schedule a location and acceptable proctor. The administrator will then ship the exam materials for the South Dakota Real Estate Appraisal education license course to the proctor who will administer the exam at a scheduled time. The proctor will then return the finished answer form along with all test materials to the Career WebSchool administrator for grading. You are responsible for any proctoring fees associated with having your final exam proctored.
The person shall not be related to the student by blood or marriage and may not be engaged in any association (personal or business) with the student.