Real estate is a career choice that definitely has some great perks – especially in California:
1. What are the requirements to get my California real estate license? In the state of California, you need to take and successfully complete 135 hours of California BRE-approved courses. To be eligible to take the California State Exam to get your Salesperson license, you need to present proof of completion certificates for California Real Estate Principles, California Real Estate Practice, and an elective course (totaling the required 135 hours). At California License, we include California Real Estate Finance as that elective course.
Want to see a step-by-step breakdown of the process? Click Here to view the Roadmap to Your Career in Real Estate infographic.
2. Where can I find the required courses for a CA Real Estate License? CalifoniaLicense.com offers everything you need to qualify to sit for the CA State Exam. Because we are an online school, you can take your courses anytime and anywhere. There’s no need to wait either! With California License, you can access your ebooks immediately after you make your purchase decision.
3. What is the cost of getting my California Real Estate License? Compared to the education cost of a 2-year degree (over $15,000) or a 4-year degree (over $30,000), the expenditure to earn your CA real estate license is much, much less. The total cost is about 10% of the college investment mentioned before. Also, California License has multiple packages at different costs to ensure that you find the ideal real estate education for both your learning needs and your budget. Click Here to see the packages available.
4. What are the steps to getting a California Real Estate License? Click here to view our step-by-step infographic.
5. Where do I go to take the CA Real Estate courses? Because California License is an online school, you can take your classes anywhere. Our prelicense classes are correspondence courses, so wherever you have a computer, tablet, mobile device or books, you can be learning and studying. That means no wasted time commuting and no extended commitment to sit in a classroom on your nights and weekends. You choose your pace of study. You study when and where it is convenient for you.
6. Are there different licenses for commercial and residential California Real Estate? No. In California, there is one license used for both commercial and residential real estate.
7.What makes a good real estate agent? A handful of the common qualities found in top-performing agents include:
· Entrepreneurial Spirit
Sound familiar? Want to learn more about a career in California Real Estate? Click Here to go to our Career Information Center.
8. Where do I take the California State Licensing Exam? The California Bureau of Real Estate manages the scheduling of exams. To see when and where exams are available, please visit www.dre.ca.gov/Examinees/HowWhereScheduled.html.
9. What is the timeline for becoming a CA Real Estate Salesperson? California has one of the quickest timelines when it comes to real estate education. You can complete your 135 required hours in less than 2 months—18 days are required from the start to the completion of each of the three education courses, totaling a minimum of 54 days. After successful completion, the timeline is up to you: you choose when to schedule and take the exam.
10. What is the average income for a real estate agent? The income of real estate agents can vary greatly depending on geographic area, level of expertise and time committed. In real estate, you are not constrained to a straight salary or hourly wage. There is no cap on how much an agent can make.
The average yearly income for a real estate agent in the U.S. is just over $75,000. *
* Source: indeed.com, 07/18/2014.